08 Nov Day 9: Meal Plan, Again!
DAILY FOCUS: Write a meal plan for next week. (3 points) Share one of your recipes or meals with the Worthwild Healthy Habits Squad Facebook Group (2 points).
As you may have learned last week, meal planning takes a bit of time and is a practiced skill. Think about your experience last week and build off of that. How can you make it better? What can you do differently? Did it go well? Can you use the same meal plan again? Are you sick of those foods, do you need new recipes? Make the appropriate changes and create a plan that will help you CRUSH your goals for next week!
Here is my meal plan. It’s the same as last week’s with a few new recipes. If you like the way I meal plan – I have a Meal Prep Guide that I have posted in the FB Group. Be sure to check it out.
Dani’s Meal Plan
I’m not going to lie, I eat the same post-workout meal a lot. It works for me.
- Chicken Breast, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
You could make these the night before or make the potatoes on your prep day, and these recipes take about 15 minutes to prepare.
- Andouille sausage, spinach, root vegetables/potatoes, egg whites, sauerkraut
- Sweet Potato Pancakes and sausage or bacon
- Eggs and/or Egg whites, Bacon, and Mushrooms with steamed Brussel Sprouts
I try to make both recipes and chicken breasts to have in my fridge as ready to go meals through-out the week.
- Creamy Paleo Chicken Enchiladas Verdes (Recipe #1, will make before hand)
- Paleo Turkey Sweet Potato Chili (Recipe #2, will make before hand)
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken Veggie Bake (Recipe #3, will make before hand – I use this one as a snack)
These items are easy to keep frozen and thaw the night before to make quick meals the day of.
- Atlantic Cod, broccoli and potatoes or steamed root vegetables
- Grass-Fed Beef Tacos with avocado, tomatoes and onions on lettuce or gluten-free tortilla shell
- Grass-Fed Beef Burgers with root vegetable fries and salad
Easy to keep in your purse or car when you are on the go.
- Apple/Banana/Celery and Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter
- Cut up Veggies (carrots and broccoli are my favorite )
- Smoothie – spinach, berry blend, egg white protein/collagen, almond milk and hemp seed
Other things I’ll prepare on my prep-day:
- Chicken Broth (I use these in my recipes, keep a few jars in the fridge and then freeze the rest)
- Roast or Bake Potatoes and/or Root Veggies (I have these prepared to make into quick meals throughout the week)